[C4 Rides] Bike To DC Charity Ride For Fallen Law Enforcement Officers

Matt Hartman matt at fourmattech.com
Tue Apr 6 16:48:33 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

A few of our C4 regular riders are members of the law enforcement
community and are working toward participating in a charity ride from
Charlotte to DC in May.  David Steitz is participating and has asked me
to pass along this information.  Let's all pull together and see that
these guys are supported in any way that we can!

April 5, 2010__

_To Central Carolina Cycling Club Members __

On May 10 I will join other officers from Law Enforcement agencies in
Charlotte-Mecklenburg to ride bicycles over 400 miles from Charlotte to
Washington, DC to honor our fellow officers who have given their lives
in the line of duty.

The ride is not easy there is very little flat land between Charlotte
and DC. Each community and city the ride goes through reminds us of the
citizens we serve in Charlotte-Mecklenburg.. It is through the
thoughtfulness and generosity of businesses and individual citizens that
we are able to cycle four days to honor those who have made the ultimate
sacrifice for the community we serve.

This year's ride is only a few weeks away - we will depart from CMPD
Headquarters on Monday morning, May 10, 2010. Details about the ride may
be found on our website,. www.biketodc.com <http://www.biketodc.com/>.
We will ride for four days, arriving in Washington DC in time to attend
the Candlelight Vigil on Thursday evening at the National Law
Enforcement Officers' Memorial.

If you can help us with a _tax deductible_ gift, please go to the
website to make a secure donation with your credit card. Just click on
the "*Click here to donate*" link on the home page of www.biketodc.com
<http://www.biketodc.com>.

If you prefer to donate by check, please make your check out to

*Charlotte-Mecklenburg FOP Foundation **(please do _not_ make it out to
Bike to DC)**
**Important:* In the Memo line put: "*2010 LE Bike Ride to DC*" and my name

Every dollar makes a difference. Please mail your check to:

Bike to DC
c/o Ron Horton
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department
601 E Trade Street
Charlotte, NC 28202-2940

If you prefer to hand your contribution to a police officer, so you can
thank them in person, then just let us know. To arrange pickup of any
contributions or to ask any questions call Ron Horton on 704.336.7252 or
email Ron at rhorton at cmpd.org

Thank you again for your support of the Law Enforcement community.

Mecklenburg County Sheriffs Office

Deputy Sheriff

David Steitz

704-432-1780