[C4 Rides] Tues Trainer session / Thurs Research Campus ride

shawn.fleming at yahoo.com shawn.fleming at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 11:32:36 EST 2011

Hi Everyone,

For the winter, we're again offering free spin/trainer sessions on Tuesday nights. Start time is 6:15p and generally runs 1 1/2 hrs, but you're welcome to come and go as you need to. These are low-key sessions intended to be fun, improve technique, and keep you fit through the winter. As a bonus and reward, we head just over the tracks to Touchdown Pizza after the session to undo any gains we achieve from spinning. That alone is worth it. Even if you don't want to spin you can still join us for some good food, brew, and conversation at TD around 7:45, but we can't be held responsible for your weight gain come March if you choose that route. ;) Remember our motto: Ride To Eat. Wait, maybe that's just my motto...

The sessions are held at Casey and Brad Clark's Altitude Bikes garage in Kannapolis at 1618 S. Ridge Ave. 28083.

To supplement the trainer sessions and prevent general spin-in-place boredom, on Thursdays we're riding around the NC Research Campus in Kannapolis. This is a 0.8 mi loop with fresh pavement and only one stop sign to negotiate. You'll need to bring your lights for this ride. You can park anywhere around Cannon Village or the Research Campus. We ride clockwise to minimize traffic interaction. Usually, we start around 5:30 and ride for 1.5 - 2 hrs, whatever we feel like doing for the night (it's a loop and it's winter...). Bundle up, strap on the lights, come out and join us!

Shawn