[C4 Rides] Mt. Mitchell Ride plans

Matt Hartman matt at fourmattech.com
Fri May 13 20:08:20 EDT 2011

Hi Folks,

Here are the current plans for the Mt Mitchell ride.

Plan to meet at The Right Gear Sunday (May 15) at 6 AM and depart around
6:30 AM.  This should give us enough time to get the bikes arranged and
get the carpooling situated.  Last year we parked at a closed restaurant
at the corner of HWY 70 and HWY 80 in Marion at the base of the start of
the ride.  We will meet there for a planned departure of 9-9:30.  Travel
time should be about 2 hours from Kannapolis to Marion.

Terry Taylor and Elaine Howell have confirmed that they will SAG for the
riders.  At last count, we have 12 people total going.  If you think
that you might like to attempt this ride, come on out!  We got your back.

The weather looks decent, but there is still a chance of rain and or
thunderstorm.  Weather Channel for Marion has a 30% chance and clear
until about 3pm starting at 62 degrees at 9 and rising to the 70's later
in the afternoon. Upper elevations should be cooler. Bring at least a
wind breaker for the descent in case the temperature at the top is low
and possibly a rain slicker just in case.

We will have a water cooler for refilling bottles and I'll pick up some
gatorade powder.  I suggest bringing some power snacks.  There is a
snack shop at the top of the climb.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Questions or comments, just let me know via email or  704-793-6739 (cell)

--
Matt Hartman
FourMat Technologies, Inc.
matt at fourmattech.com