[C4 Rides] Call For Volunteers August 1 - Concord Crit Setup/Teardown

Matt Hartman matt at fourmattech.com
Wed Jul 18 11:47:47 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

It's that time of year again when we are calling for volunteers to
fulfill our commitment to the Concord CrossRoads Criterium
<http://www.crossroadscyclingclassic.com/concord.htm>.  Every year, Neal
Boyd has graciously allowed us to piggyback on the race registration to
allow us to maintain our USA Cycling Sanctioning.  This is an important
event for the club and every year we have had excellent turnout and our
folks have helped set up and tear down the race fast and efficiently.
This has been a point of pride with our club and one which we hope to
continue.

We will need people throughout the evening as different issues pop up on
the course.

We are planning to start set up at 3:00pm.  We will start with the
stage, PA System, hay bails, etc.  We will start the fence and banner
set up at 5:00pm.

We need help with one big thing.  We can only take up the parking spaces
in front of the Cabarrus Creamery before 5pm.  This is going to be
really tough but I need help from our leaders when we start setting up,
just so we don't upset the business owners in downtown Concord.

Please let me know If you can help support this event  I'm hoping we can
get 12 to 15 of club members out.  Neal will have 12 to 15 people with
him also, but many of his folks will be coming from Charlotte but
battling the I-85 construction traffic.   Having local volunteers is huge!!

--
Matt Hartman
Central Carolina Cycling Club
matt at fourmattech.com