[C4 Rides] May Happenings & Calling All Leisurely Paced Riders

Matt Hartman matt at fourmattech.com
Sun May 6 21:44:37 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

May is upon us and we have quite a few things happening this month.

*First and Foremost - Club Meeting & Membership Update May 8th 8PM: *

    Our monthly club meeting is this Tuesday at 8 PM after the group
    ride at Touchdown Pizza at the corner of Main and Rogers Lake Rd in
    Kannapolis.  Come on out for a great group ride at 6 pm and grab
    some pizza and/or a beer after the ride.

    If you are not a member, or have forgotten to pay your dues this
    year *(hint hint, nudge nudge)*  you're still welcome to come!

*CALLING ALL SLOW/SLOWISH/LEISURELY/COMFORTABLY PACED RIDERS:  WE WANT YOU!*

    Steve Mosier has set up an LSD (Long Slow Distance) ride for this
    Saturday May 12th.  Steve is an experienced rider and likes to ride
    long distances, but he likes to take it easy and enjoy the ride.
    This ride will start at the Right Gear at 8 Am just like our SAMBO
    ride, but it will take a different route out to Mount Pleasant and
    back.  Total ride distance is about 34 miles, but the pace can be as
    slow as 10 MPH is you like.   This is meant to be a nice slow
    comfortable ride, and we know a lot of you have been asking for this
    for a while.

    Steve will be having several of these and as the summer goes on, the
    length will increase, and he will be stopping at some destinations
    for food (and maybe drink) We hope more of you can join us!  If you
    have any question, let us know.

*TOUR De SLAMMER May 12th:*

    Ken Beaver and The Law Enforcement Torch Run will be having a
    charity ride in Salisbury on May 12th at 8:30 AM.  This ride is to
    benefit the Special Olympics and starts at the Piedmont Correctional
    Institution.  The are 2 routes provided, a 30 mile, and a 14mile fun
    ride with lunch provided afterward.  See attached flyer for more
    details, directions and info.  If you have any questions please
    contact Ken Beaver at BKA5K at hotmail.com

*The 3rd Annual C4 Mt Mitchell Ascent & Descent May 21st*

    Are you ready to tackle the climb up Mt Mitchell?  Even if you think
    you're not, I would be willing to bet you're ready.  This has become
    a yearly club tradition, and is a great time. The ride will go down
    like this, we leave Concord/Kannapolis in time to get on the bikes
    around 9-9:30 AM in Marion, then we will ride up Hwy 80 to the
    Parkway, rest a bit, then take it to the top of Mitchell via the
    gorgeous Blue Ridge Parkway.  On the way Terry Taylor and Elaine
    Howle will provide full SAG support and have your back.

    By far, the best part of the ride is the descent.  Almost a hour and
    half of solid coasting (with a little climb in the middle).  The
    park has just paved the road to the summit so it's very smooth and
    safe.  You don;'t have to bomb down, just use your head and your
    brakes and you'll be rewarded with one of the most fun rides you can
    ever have.

    If you're thinking about joining the ride, let us know and we'll put
    together a car pool list.  We'll talk more about it at the club
    meeting Tuesday also.

*The Cabarrus Creamery Monday Family Ride*

    6:30 PM every Monday night, bring the kids, the reluctant spouse, or
    that friend that always says "I really should start riding".  We've
    had great turnout and what can be better than ending with ice cream!

Check the web site http://www.centralcarolinacycling.com for details on
the rides and more information.  Also like us on Facebook at Central
Carolina Cycling Club.

See you all at the meeting this week!

--
Matt Hartman