[C4 Rides] LSD Ride

Stephen Mosier smosier7 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:22:58 EDT 2012

We’re nearing the end of the season for the LSD rides and with the summer’s
heat we didn’t do all that many long rides. So on the last two September
rides, we’ll push it out (weather permitting). Tomorrow, Sept 22, for those
not doing the MS Breakaway to the Beach, we’ll ride to Healing Springs.
There’s nothing in Healing Springs except a fire department and a
turnaround point, but it’s a nice 70-mile route. We’ll stop at our Gold
Hill snack shop both on the way out and on the way back, which will divide
the ride up into three 23-/24-mile segments.

Next week, on Sept 29, we’ll do the additional few miles past Healing
Springs to have a late breakfast at the Village Restaurant on Main Street
in Denton, kicking the ride up to something close to 80 miles. Would be
great to have a big turnout for the ride we've been building up to this
summer.

As usual, we’ll be talking instead of hammering and we’ll take in the
scenery. Figure 6-7 hours of riding and 1 hour of stops, so with our usual
7:30 departure from The Right Gear, we’ll be mid-afternoon getting back
both days.