[C4 Rides] C4 Fall/Winter Rides

Matt Hartman matt at fourmattech.com
Mon Nov 4 22:11:20 EST 2013

Hi Guys

Well winter is on us, the time switch has happened and we've had the
first frost of the season.  Time to take a step back, take stock, slow
down a little, and look to build some plans for next year!

*Ride Schedules and locations: *

    *SAMBO Ride:* 8 AM Saturday morn.  As in years past, we will keep
    this time and schedule until the ridership falls off, and the
    weather forces even the hardiest souls to wait a few hours.  As the
    weather gets colder, we may take an opportunity to explore some
    other routes just to change things up a little bit and make it more
    interesting.  Any route changes will be agreed upon at the start,
    and won't be published ahead of time.  For those who decide to make
    a change, just make sure that you roll out through downtown to pick
    up any stragglers.

    *Tuesday Ride:* Now that the time has changed the official ride
    start will now be located at the Research Campus in Kannapolis.
    This ride has become popular with a lot of people and the consensus
    is that even when it turns bitterly cold, everyone would rather ride
    loops outside than sit on the trainer.  So this year, there won't be
    any scheduled trainer sessions.  The ride will start at 6PM until
    you can't take any more, and will be a Show N' Go.  This ride has a
    lot of participation and will run throughout the season until the
    time changes back.

    *Thursday Rides: * There will be no formal ride, BUT, the NCRC is
    the default gathering place for those who want to get in some
    miles.  Recently a lot more of our members have been getting
    mountain bikes and I would like to work on building a weekly night
    ride at Rocky River Trail off of Park Lafferty Rd just southeast of
    Concord.  We'll use the Rides mailing list to send out the times and
    schedules.  We will also entertain heading over to the Huntersville
    business park to throw down some laps with those guys.  That's
    always a great place to ride.

    *Sunday Go with the Flowe Ride:*  This ride has picked up recently
    and has had some great participation.  As always the ride is a Show
    N' Go at 2PM, great route and awesome traffic levels. Lately many of
    the riders have been leaving early from Kannapolis and riding down
    through Concord.  If you're interested in getting more miles in,
    send a note out on the rides mailing list, meet up and ride into the
    ride as a group.

    *Mountain Bike Rides:* Saturdays or Sundays.  There will be several
    of us doing informal rides at different area trails throughout the
    season.  We'll send out email blasts when we can, it would be really
    fun to get some groups to try to tackle some of the places we've
    never been.

--
Matt Hartman
FourMat Technologies, Inc.