[C4 Rides] Roads Update

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Sat Feb 15 14:06:04 EST 2014

Hey all, I thought I'd give you an update (for those who haven't ventured out...)  I drove up Main st. to China Grove, out Miller to Sherrils Ford and back in via Millbridge.  On the plus side, you can see the white line 99% of the time and the roads are clear and mostly dry.  So, on the downside:  The water has no place to go in lots of places so there is a LOT of draining across the road.  As long as it's above freezing, this is probably fine.  Just move out of a direct paceline to avoid spray.

Last I heard, it is supposed to freeze again tonight, so this will be black ice in the morning.  Once it gets above freezing on Sunday, the only downside will be the drainage across the roads.

I hope that helps a few of you in deciding if you want to ride today or tomorrow!

p.s.  The wind is BRUTAL today.

Thanks,
Sean E