[C4 Rides] Central Carolina Cycling January Update - Lot's of info - please read

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Fri Jan 3 12:03:23 EST 2014

SAMBO start time moved to 10:00--

As many of you know, C4 generally moves the Saturday Morning Bike Outing (SAMBO) start time up a few hours in the coldest months of winter.  Typically, this is January until the time change in early March.  At any rate, we were asked last week if we planned to make the change again this year.  So, we took a poll.  The results were overwhelmingly in favor of changing the start time.

So, starting this Saturday, 1/4/2014, the SAMBO Start Time will be 10:00 am until further notice (most likely early March).

We'll put this info on the Facebook page, Twitter Feed, as well as Weekly Rides.  If you know of anyone that rides with us that does NOT get this email, please forward this to them.

Secondly, MEMBERSHIP!  As it is January, and membership and dues are based on the calendar year, we really need for all of you to (re) sign up!  The forms are located on the website at, http://www.centralcarolinacycling.com/members/membership  You can pay online via paypal, or you can give your money AND forms to one of the officers.

Here's what Matt had to say about membership in an older email:

...If you haven't filled out a form, then you are not currently a member!   If you have been thinking about joining our organization, now is the time!  We're not choosy, we'll let anyone join!  ...

Club meetings follow the Tuesday night rides at 8:00 on the second Tuesday of every month.  We meet at Touchdown Pizza in Kannapolis.

If you are wanting more information about membership, please feel free to ask about it.

Mailing list changes:  O.K. I know life changes, people move, etc.  But it just makes me sad to see you go...    We have received a few emails requesting to be removed and we will get to those emails shortly.  However, if you want to hurry the removal along, please go to: http://www.centralcarolinacycling.com/mailman/listinfo/rides_centralcarolinacycling.com

There are instructions there on how to change your mailing list status.  Also, if you want to change from digest mode to a per email mode, this is the place to do that as well.  You don't want to miss an important ride do you?  :)

please follow us

On Facebook at:  https://www.facebook.com/centralcarolinacycling

On Twitter: @C4Rides

B/C Riders:

Lastly, on a bit of a personal note, I'm looking to make sure we have a big group of riders out on the roads (and in the trees!)  I've only been riding a few years and am certainly not as strong or as fit as most of our best riders, but I've come a LONG way since my first ride on 8/4/2011.  (That was the long Thursday night route and I started cramping around mile 10)  What I'm really looking to do, is try to make sure we have at least two groups (A and B/C) of riders on many of the rides.  There will ALWAYS be those guys that hammer (me trying to be one of them!)  However, I would really like to see us get a good core group that wants to come out and ride a "reasonable" pace for every ride so that slower guys and new-comers (like I was in 2011) have a good place to start.  I know we have some riders that are hesitant to join because they don't want to be the slowest one.  (Again, that'd be me!)  But, guess what, SOMEONE is going to be the slowest on EVERY ride.  Over the past year, I've seen a few folks come to C4 and then go try out other clubs.  I've also seen a few folks on Strava that have checked us out.  I know we can't be all things to all people, but I really believe there have to be at least 5 or 10 VERY active riders in the Concord and Kannapolis area that can't (or just don't want to) go 18 or 19 average for 35 miles.  So, how do we reach them, get them to be a part of the club, and show up and ride on a regular basis?  I simply feel that if we had a core, that group could grow and flourish just as our A group has.   Just think of this as the platform that the Vice-President campaigned under!  (I actually didn't have competition, but anyway....)

Thank you all and I look forward to seeing a lot of you for a lot of miles this year!

Sean Earnhardt

V.P. Central Carolina Cycling