[C4 Rides] Fwd: online survey & community workshop on bike routes

Ray Atkinson gismap1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 20:32:15 EST 2014

Fellow cyclists,

The following is forwarded from Irene Sacks, who works for the City of
Kannapolis.

The City of Kannapolis is developing a neighborhood bike network plan. We
will be looking at low cost ways to develop a network of bike routes on low
traffic roads through the city. We are in the initial information gathering
phase and would like feedback on bicycling habits, preferences, and
concerns. We ask that you take 5-10 minutes to complete our online survey.

This page has more information about the project as well as the link to the
survey:

http://www.cityofkannapolis.com/bikeroutes/

In addition, we will be hosting a community workshop at the Train Station
on Tuesday, February 18 from 5-7pm to provide information and get citizen
feedback on potential bike routes and the concept of a “road diet” for the
northern segment of Loop Rd. It is a drop-in session from 5-7pm.

Please direct any questions to Irene Sacks,

Ray Atkinson | Alumnus, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Design Committee Member, Downtown Kannapolis Inc
Member, Charlotte Area Bicycle Alliance
Member, Central Carolina Cycling Club
Phone: (704) 787-5859 | Email: gismap1 at gmail.com
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/gismap>
 <ratkin14 at uncc.edu>

In case you haven’t heard, the City of Kannapolis is developing a
neighborhood bike network plan. We will be looking at low cost ways to
develop a network of bike routes on low traffic roads through the city. We
are in the initial information gathering phase and would like feedback on
bicycling habits, preferences, and concerns. We ask that you take 5-10
minutes to complete our online survey.

This page has more information about the project as well as the link to the
survey:

http://www.cityofkannapolis.com/bikeroutes/

In addition, we will be hosting a community workshop at the Train Station
on Tuesday, February 18 to provide information and get citizen feedback on
potential bike routes and the concept of a “road diet” for the northern
segment of Loop Rd. It is a drop-in session from 5-7pm.

Please forward this to your organization and contacts as you see fit.

Thanks,

Irene Sacks

Director of Business & Community Affairs

City of Kannapolis

isacks at cityofkannapolis.com

www.thinkkannapolis.com

O: 704-920-4326