[C4 Rides] 2014 Giordana Crossroads Cycling Classic / Group Rides Update

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Mon Jul 14 11:41:29 EDT 2014

Wow!  For those that ride in the winter on Tuesday's and Thursday's, the 2014 Crit Course should be REALLY familiar!  http://www.cityofkannapolis.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Kannapolis-Criterium-Map.pdf

http://www.cityofkannapolis.com/crossroads-classic-brings-300-cyclists-to-downtown-kannapolis/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=crossroads-classic-brings-300-cyclists-to-downtown-kannapolis

http://www.crossroadscyclingclassic.com/

Matt, would I be correct that C4 will be helping out again this year?  If so, please mark Wednesday, July 30th on your calendar.  Arrival around 3:00 or 3:30 would be great, but we also need folks to help breakdown at the end(9:00 ish).  I guess we can give Tony F a pass for this year, but he should show up to cheer since he can walk to the races!

Group Rides:

I've had a few folks ask if there have been any changes to our group rides.  From an official "group" standpoint, the answer is no, everything is as it has been.  Having said that, we are in the middle of the HOT days and summer vacations and things of that nature.  We also have a few regulars who have had bike issues or are on the mend.  Then there are those that are gearing up for ORAMM at the end of the month.  And, even one more group is the group that rode hard all spring gearing up for BMM and BSG and are now taking it "easy" for a while.

Because of all of these reasons, the C4 attendance at the scheduled road ride times has been a bit sketchy for the last few weeks.  But don't worry, nothing has changed and we are still the best group around if you are looking to improve and ride with great people!

Having said that, I would think that there should still be a pretty good crowd on Saturday, Tuesday, and Thursday.  The Sunday 2:00 Flowe ride, as most of you know, isn't actually cancelled during the summer, but almost no one seems to be interested in riding at 2:00 in the heat of the day on Sunday afternoon.  I would encourage you to use the rides list (and also facebook) to try and get a group together if you are interested.  I generally ride every Sunday but the time changes depending on if I'm riding road, MTB, group, or solo.  If someone got a ride setup I would certainly try to make it!  I know that there is already an A group ride that goes out VERY early on Sunday and I'm sure a B group would be welcomed as long as there was the understanding that there would be a split between the 2 groups at some point.

Anyway, I just wanted to reassure anyone who has asked and anyone else that has thought about it that everything is going along just fine!  I would anticipate the Sunday 2:00 Flowe ride to pick back up sometime in August and certainly by early September it will be really strong again.

If you have any comments or questions, let us know!

I'm sure there will be more info regarding the Criterium coming shortly so consider this the teaser email!

Thanks,
Sean Earnhardt