[C4 Rides] C4 Fall Schedule

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Thu Aug 27 12:42:39 EDT 2015

C4 Riders,

                In an attempt to eeek out EVERY bit of daylight from the remaining night rides, I've prepared the following routes for Tuesday / Thursday.  I feel really good that the proposed routes will get us back VERY close to dark; but not yet fully dark or in unsafe lighting.

Starting at 6:00 SHARP will be very necessary for this schedule and we'll need to keep the breaks short, keep a steady pace, keep moving, and bring lights just to be safe!  Basically, if you are an A- rider and are "hanging on" to the back of the A group, you will not be getting rest stops!  As soon as you catch up, the group should be pulling off.  The B riders will be a week or more ahead on the schedule so make that adjustment as necessary.

There is ONE week left for the 100% full Tuesday ride and Thursday is already back to the "regular" route for tonight and next week but the B is cutting it short.  If you rode on Tuesday night, just know that we left 6 minutes late and that's why we were pretty dark when we hit the parking lot.  As Fall moves in, the temperatures should be cooler allowing for a slightly faster ride as well.  If you look at the list below, we basically lose 10 minutes each week.  At 17mph, each (flat) mile is 3.5 minutes.  So, I was looking at cutting about 3 miles each week AND / OR cutting elevation.  I (Sean) plan on being at all of the Tuesday rides but I will miss some of the remaining Thursday rides.  I've included a description as a kind of reminder about what is different.  Hopefully if you look at the route, the description will make sense!  If it's cloudy, we may end up "jumping a week ahead" in this schedule but, hey, we'll know for sure next year!

See the chart below for the descriptions and the links.  I've also attached an animated GIF that, if you open in your browser, will show you an animation of what's being cut each week for the Tuesday ride.  (If the image doesn't change; just ignore it!)

So, on to a few other items...

It seems like almost all of the club will be riding Tour de Saints this Saturday.  Sunday's high looks to be about 85.  Are we ready to start the 2:00 Sunday FLOWE ride back up?  I realize we'll have ridden 65 on Saturday but if we wait until 9/6 to start it, we then have Labor Day on Monday.   And....  How many of you would like to do a special ride on Labor Day Morning?  And, if you are interested, would you like to look at a 30ish or 60ish mile ride?  Personally, I was thinking about doing the "Sigmon Sunday Swag" route on Labor Day morning and start about 7:30 from NCRC.  I want to start the Sunday ride back up because we have several folks not able to ride on Tuesday and Thursday that need those Sunday miles back on the schedule.

The FINAL Assault On Morrow Mountain will be on Saturday, September 12th.  (So, basically, if we don't go ahead and start the Flowe it may not get started until September 20th!)

Our 4th quarterly meeting and last of 2015 should be on Oct. 13th.  We'll firm that date up and create a Facebook invite soon.

Lastly, we have discussed doing our fall Mt. Mitchell ride on Sat. Oct. 10th or Sun. Oct. 11th.  Please let us know if you would be interested in the ride and if either of those days are good for you.

To keep emails from going to everyone, please feel free to respond just to me and I'll gather all of the comments and questions and provide you all with an update.

Thanks!

Sean E

Day

Date

Twilight

Miles

Route Description

Route Link

Tuesday

25

8:26

34.2

Full

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4040588

Thursday

27

8:23

33.7

Left at rimer, right at church

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10009825

Tuesday

1

8:16

34.2

Full

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4040588

Thursday

3

8:13

33.7

Left at rimer, right at church

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10009825

Tuesday

8

8:06

32.1

No Moriah, Left at Junkyard, Karriker

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10007140

Thursday

10

8:03

31.3

Add Cress but stay on Rimer

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10009883

Tuesday

15

7:55

31.8

Add Moriah, Left at Junkyard, Enochville

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10007194

Thursday

17

7:52

26.9

No Cress, Stay on Rimer

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7303356

Tuesday

22

7:45

30.2

No Moriah, Left at Junkyard, Enochville

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10007411

Thursday

24

7:42

22.3

Left on Irish Potato

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10010002

Tuesday

29

7:35

26.3

Add Moriah, Stay on Enochville

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10007473

Thursday

1

7:32

22.3

Left on Irish Potato

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10010002

Tuesday

6

7:25

23.5

Add Moriah, left at Fire Dept.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10008053

Thursday

8

7:22

16.6

Neisler / Penninger

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10010329

Tuesday

13

7:16

21.9

No Moriah, left at Fire Dept. OR Main/Loops

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10008059

Thursday

15

7:13