[C4 Rides] Last Call for 200 Miler (and a little info about tonight)

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Thu Jun 11 14:13:40 EDT 2015

Hey folks, this is the last open call for folks to attempt the 200 miler on 6/20/2015  (Next Saturday).  After this email, we will probably switch to a "super secret" email list with only those folks that are going.  If you want to be on the super secret list then you need to sign up and ride with us!

A few details to help sway your decision:
--The ride will be about 202 miles.
--Will start at TRG and end at Cherry Grove, SC
--There will be LESS elevation gain in the 202 miles to the beach than the 100 on the Morrow Mountain Metric from TRG!  *
--We are looking at averaging about 15 mph (including stop time).
--The difference between 15 and 17 mph over 200 miles is 1.5 hours.  That's just not worth pushing and cramping!
--On the off chance you can't make it (cramps, fatigue, heat, or your butt falls off!) there will be a SAG wagon for you and your bike.  (You can at least say you attempted it!)
--You'll have a place to sleep, either a house or condo.
--It's already co-ed, so don't think you'll be the only girl  (unless, of course, you already are the only girl...)
--Lastly, and I saved the best for last, you'll get to spend 200 miles with me!

*AOMM Metric is 5680 feet in 105.9 miles and the 200 to the beach is 4755 in 202.6 miles according to RideWithGPS website.

O.K. folks, that's all of the pep talk I can give you.  If you are committed, look for details coming soon.  If this email get's you in the 200 mile club then I've done my job!  If not, you probably won't hear anything else about this ride unless / until we decide to do it again.  On that note, there's a REALLY good chance that the next ride would be faster, without SAG, and a cheapo hotel or camping.

THURSDAY NIGHT RIDE
So, onto tonight's ride...  We tried an experiment a few weeks ago where the B riders left about 15 minutes early and the A group was going to chase.  It didn't go so well because one of us B riders got a flat and the A rider (Jesus) had to help fix it!

Anyway, until the daylight starts getting shorter on us, we'll all leave together and stay together until we get to the climb on Gold Hill Road.  The B group will follow the posted route (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7595898) but the A group will add on a few extra miles and begin "chasing" the B group (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7596862).  This should bring us all back together somewhere on Sapp Road.  We'll regroup at the end of Sapp at Concord-Salisbury road as there are a few faster folks that like to hang with the A's down Concord-Salisbury.

Thanks everyone.  We'll see you on the road!
Sean Earnhardt