[C4 Rides] C4 Club Membership

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Tue Mar 3 09:57:34 EST 2015

Good morning everyone!  I hope you are enjoying the roller coaster weather that is this first week of March!  70 degrees yesterday and decent sun; 47 for today's high (which we have hit and it'll actually get cooler through the day) with a good chance of rain; then back to 75 tomorrow.  On that note, anyone want to do loops on Wednesday at 6:00 at NCRC?  Looks to be about 70 degrees from 6 to 9 pm on Wednesday!

Anyway, I'm writing for a specific purpose regarding club membership.  I know that a lot of you have signed up and that several of you will sign up in the next few weeks as you begin joining us on our Tuesday and Thursday rides.  If you didn't know, we extend the offer to purchase the official club kit to only the C4 membership.  And, this year, we are pretty excited to be switching up the colors AND the vendor for the new kit.  Besides the kit, we also have insurance for members who have paid dues and signed the forms.  Beyond that, we are looking at more member only rides, social events, and other value being added to membership.  (If you have suggestions or you've seen things you like that other clubs are doing, let us know!)

So, here's the deal.  If you ride with us on ANY sort of consistent basis, please sign up with us.  Let's say that you only ride the Tuesday night ride for whatever reason, but you plan to ride it more than 5 times all summer.  That's still about once a month during the main cycling season; please sign up!  Or, if you only ride the Sunday ride because you live near Harrisburg; please sign up!  Even if you are a member of another club or race team and you split your time between them and us; PLEASE SIGN UP!

Why am I pushing this so much?  Well, there are many reasons.  First of all, it's only $25 for an entire year.  That's a VERY reasonable price by any estimation.  (Heck, you could look at it as 5 x $5 rides and then the rest are free!) Secondly, from a legal standpoint, it helps to covers us (and you) in the event of an accident.  And, lastly, aside from the kit, special rides, social opportunities, and any other items that may come along, I would really like to make us the PREMIER cycling club in the Cabarrus region.

I'm not saying we aren't already, given the turnout for most of our rides, especially in the warmer months.  It's just that, at a lot of the rides, the non-members (or at least non-OFFICIAL members) outnumber the legitimate members.  Going forward, I'd really like for that to NOT be the case.

So, there you go folks, that's my plea regarding the membership.  If you have a friend that rides with us that is not on this list, please pass along the email or give them the details.

Also, if you are receiving this and you PLAN to sign up, but just haven't gotten around to it yet, please let me know that as well.  I'll make note of it in the membership roster and we'll know that you WILL sign up at some point in the near future.  (That's for all of you fair weather riders that we may not see until the April / May timeframe!)

Thanks folks!  I hope that you understand that I'm not badgering you; just trying to make YOUR club the best that it can be.

Sincerely,

Sean Earnhardt

VP Central Carolina Cycling Club