[C4 Rides] Satuday SAMBO Intercepting the Police Ride to DC.

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Thu May 7 14:46:07 EDT 2015

Hey folks!  We have another special opportunity to show some club support to a few of our members and friends that are participating in the ride to DC beginning THIS Saturday morning.  We have created a route where we should be able to meet them at Harrisburg Park.  The route will be a modified SAMBO route that will actually take us down into “Flowe” ride territory.  As such, we’ll also be crossing hwy 49 at the 601 bridge; traffic could get sketchy.  The route is a 50 miler but could be made into a metric by switching to the Thursday night route at the end of St. Johns when we get back to there.

We should be able to leave TRG at 8 and just split off from the SAMBO where Union Street changes to Airport rd.  (Hey, there’s a plus… Ride with us and you get to skip the Airport road climb!)  We’ll meet the DC riders at a park in Harrisburg. If we get there early, we can wait; a little late and we'll meet them on the road as they are leaving the park.  We’ll be with them for about 15 miles.  I could make it 30, but our ride would end up being 75 miles and I wasn’t sure who’d be up for that!

We’ve been told that they’ll probably average about 17Mph so have that speed in mind when you are making your decision to join us.  Along with that, the ride will be 50 miles, minimum.  So keep that in mind as well.

It would be VERY cool if we could all show up in the new Orange Kit; but try to wear the green if you can’t wear the orange.  If you don’t have either… WHY THE HECK NOT!?!  I guess it’ll be o.k. if you join us in your “normal SAMBO kit” as well.

If you ARE doing this ride with me, try to let me know if you can, just so I have an idea as to how many folks will be going down.  However, if you are NOT going down and would be willing to sweep the SAMBO route, please let me know that as well.  I’d like to make sure I have at least one rider that can oversee that route as well.
Here’s a link to the route:  http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7787148<http://cp.mcafee.com/d/avndy0Qd6Qm6rCzBxB4sMrKr7end78VdxYSesKqehOrMUSesKqehOr3xIsVsQszzhOMYrF-M_oM9X52oaZKdlwvmcWsKrZKdlwvmcWsKrvI-eRxZ_HYPtdAtRXBQSkXYUejuoVqWdAklrEEYG7DR8OJMddECT3t-jpoKMC--OCrKr01NAxVykOp5qDbV6Hs_FwUsYehoudSySgZNVVM54hfBPqoVNZYS2_id40NISQdb6y0blfBrPh02V8urjpdOOV1X-Hd>
While I have your attention, tonight’s Thursday Night TRG Shop Ride will be missing at least 4 people.  Charity, Bruce, and Matt will be racing at the CMS Time Trial series and Tommie will be there to……  Um…. Cheer them on!  (so many ways to finish that sentence.)  Anyway, I’ll be more than happy to sweep tonight, but I’d greatly prefer to do the full route since we now have plenty of daylight.  I hope to see you tonight!
Thanks,
Sean E