[C4 Rides] Tonights Thursday Night Route and Final AOMM Update

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Thu Sep 10 12:10:55 EDT 2015

Hey folks,
                The route that I had planned for the A group tonight would be this one:

Thursday

10

8:03

31.3

Add Cress but stay on Rimer

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/10009883

Basically, the A group would climb out Gold Hill, go right on St. Johns, Left on Cress, take the usual route back over to Rimer then stay on Rimer till you make the left back on the normal route(Phaniel Church); There's just not enough light anymore to make the right at the church.  Note, the OFFICIAL route has you going ALL THE WAY to the end of Phaniel Church / Rimertown Rd. and hanging the left onto Sapp / Phaniels Church.  It adds a little distance and a little elevation.  If you don't go that route, well, you'll just be a slacker then won't you...

Assuming there are some B's that are slower or that can't / don't want to keep up with the A's; I'd suggest Gold Hill all the way to Rimer and then stay on Rimer to the normal Left.

A's and B's will be, essentially, the same except the A's will have time to take the St. John's / Cress "longcut".

AOMM:  So far, there seems to be several folks riding the final AOMM on Saturday, but no one is interested in riding from TRG and doing 100 Miles.  (It would be dark at 6:20 anyway so we'd have to use lights.)  If you were / are interested, let us know and we'll see if anyone else is.  Keep in mind that you can always just ride a little extra after the official AOMM if you want.  I know there were a few folks who rode it twice last go around.  Granted, they only did the Mtn climb once; but still.

Rain is currently a possibility for the afternoon so let's hope it holds off for the actual ride.

Lastly, if you are interested in doing the Marion to Mt. Mitchell ride on 10/3 or 10/10 and you have NOT let me know which date you prefer, please let me know and I'll add your name and preference to the list.

See you on the road!

Sean Earnhardt