[C4 Rides] New Years Ride (or not...)

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Thu Dec 22 11:28:28 EST 2016

Merry Christmas all you C4 Club Folks!

I just wanted to put this out now so that people can make appropriate plans.  Due to New Year's being on a Sunday and knowing that some folks (like me) don't get Monday off and have church on Sunday, I'm thinking that there won't be the nice large, well attended New Years ride this year.

I mean, we could do something on Saturday the 31st, and I even have a route in mind, but that's already the SAMBO day anyway.  So, really, if we just had a nice turnout for SAMBO (10:00) that would probably work.  Tim may have the fast group going that day as well. (keep a lookout for updates as the date approaches)

At the moment, temps are looking to be pretty cold on 12/31 as the high for the day is looking to be only 41 (that may change).

Anyway, I'm sure we'll do the Flowe at 2:00 on Sunday the first, as well, and you are welcome to ride down from The Right Gear which makes it about a 50 mile ride.  Heck, we may just do Old Flowe that day to make it a little different.

Anyway, we can talk between now and then but, if you are looking for a metric on 12/30, 12/31, 1/1, or 1/2, I'd look and see what other clubs may be offering this year.

Sorry, but having New Years Day on the weekend is just messing this up for everyone!  In 2018, it'll be on a Monday so we'll plan on making that happen for sure!

If you are planning on riding on 1/2 or 12/30 and want company, please use this email group and also the Facebook group.  That's what they are there for!

Thanks folks,
Sean E