[C4 Rides] Rides Update

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Mon Mar 14 00:21:40 EDT 2016

Good day everyone!  Hope you are enjoying the temperatures.  I know I can't wait to get back out there but my body isn't quite ready yet.  Getting better everyday though!

Anyway, I'll keep this pretty short and sweet.

Effective with the time changes, we will be going back to "real" Tuesday and Thursday rides!  Also, the Saturday SAMBO ride will move back to the normal time of 8:00am effective on Sat. March 19th.  Having said that, a lot of folks are planning on riding the Assault on Morrow Mountain that day so the SAMBO may be lightly attended.

The Tuesday start \ stop location has moved about 2 miles up main street to the Kannapolis Train Station parking lot.  The start time is still 6:00p and that really needs to be SHARP while the daylight is still fading fast.  That means the ride rolls out at 6:00.

Based on last years route, the sunset times, etc...  The first route should be as follows:  Leave the train station and head up main street.  Follow the standard route all the way to the top of the saw rd. climb.  From there, hang a left and take Enochville Road all the way around to Pagemont.  From there, come back in as you normally would except that when you get to mainstreet, remember to go left back to the train station instead of right to the old TDP parking lot.  The temps will be warm and it doesn't look to be overcast so this should be fine.  If there are any B riders that want to cut it short, I'd suggest turning left at the firestation on Enochville road and coming back into town that way.  (if you get back early, you can always do a few loops around downtown to get in a few more miles.

At the moment, without having tested any other routes, we felt it best to maintain the "classic" route but just change the starting and stopping locations.

As for the Thursday ride, I think you should be able to take the normal route to Gold Hill, turn left on Irish Potato and then left on Sapp.  Then the "standard" route back in.  Unfortunately, there's not really a shorter option for the B riders so I'd suggest a regroup point just after turning left off of Gold Hill to keep the groups together.

Matt will be out a while longer and I'm hoping I'll be a B rider on Sunday, but I still have some Doctor's Clearance and some eating issues that I need to get in order first.  In the meantime, please step up and watch out for each other but also for any B riders that come out.  The Tuesday ride normally has pretty distinct groups, but it's not always clear for the other days.  My rule of thumb has always been at least a pack of 3.  If 3 people want to ride off the front; that's fine as long as there's a bigger group back.  Also, if 3 people are falling off of the main group, they should buddy up and stick together.  I just don't want to see anyone riding alone on a group ride as that kinda defeats the purpose of riding with a group!  Having said that; if you are the LAST one and you are falling off, it is definitely up to you to let the person in front know that you are falling off.  We don't always immediately slow down, especially when climbing a long hill, but we will generally slow down or stop at a turn to make sure you stay on course.

Have a great day and week and I'll see you all soon!

Sean Earnhardt

VP - Central Carolina Cycling Club