[C4 Rides] C4 Beach Ride Training / Morrow Ride Options Sat 5/14/16

Shawn Fleming sfleming05 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 17:10:13 EDT 2016

Hello Two-wheel Hoodlums,

We have a few riding options this weekend. As always, you can stick with
the SAMBO, although attendance may be lighter than usual due to the Assault
on Morrow ride this weekend. If you prefer the Assault on Morrow-only
option, then you can check out the details online at weeklyrides.com or FB
and meet us at the school/ride start.

For those that are looking for something longer and/or are training for our
beach ride later this year, you're in luck. There will be a couple of
options for you.

1. You can meet us at The Right Gear for a 6:20a rollout to the Morrow
ride. This will give you around 100 miles total. You can do this. Seriously.

2. You can meet a few of us at the parking deck at the NC Research Campus
in Kannapolis for a 4:30a rollout. We will do a 32 mile jaunt up and past
China Grove circling around and coming back in via
Miller/Patterson/Millbridge/153 and then riding down Main St to join others
at The Right Gear at 6:20a. We'll ride to and complete the Morrow ride and
then head back to TRG and then back up to the NCRC and finish out the ride
with some easy laps around the campus. Total mileage, barring premature
expiration, will be 150 miles. You can do this. Seriously.

In the past, we've been split into multiple groups on the 2nd half of the
Morrow ride from the mountain top back to the school. This time, we'll try
something new...the riders that get back to the school (Morrow ride start)
before any others can/will do loops around Running Creek Church->Austin
Rd->Joes Rd->Smith Grove Rd->Bethel Church Rd. When you get to the school,
refill your water bottles, eat, take a nature break, whatever, and then
wait for the looping riders to come pick you up. Once we have everyone,
we'll roll on back to TRG. We'll review this plan at the ride start to make
sure it makes sense and everyone is on board.

Here's a link to the route in Strava:

https://www.strava.com/routes/4947143

Pick an option and get out and ride this Saturday! If you're going to be at
TRG or NCRC, let us know so we can get a headcount. For those doing the
TRG->Morrow or the NCRC->Morrow rides, there will be large quantities of
free prizes and awards for you! Seriously. Contact Matt Hartman or Sean
Earnhardt for details.

See you Saturday.

Shawn