[C4 Rides] Upcoming Rides and Ride Changes

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Mon Oct 17 12:01:30 EDT 2016

Good Monday C4 members and riders!  I have a few updates, announcements, changes, etc. to relay to everyone.  I'll try to be brief and use point items!  (But, it's me, so that probably won't work out...)

Anyway...

--Thank you to Tim and Jill Sigmon for hosting the "End of Summer Party" on Saturday evening.  A great time was had by all!

--Several folks are still asking about Tuesday and Thursday rides.  There will continue to be a ride on both nights!  Thursday will end at the time change so the last Thursday ride will be November 3rd.  Now, in fairness, the Thursday rides are fast and there has been a smaller group as the route doesn't lend itself to making smaller cuts each week; basically this is an A/B+ ride until Spring.  The Tuesday ride is still very well positioned to be a great A, B, and C ride though.  I've included the remaining routes below.  The Thursday route will be an "audible" on the 27th based on how early we get back on the 20th.  The Tuesday route this week will still be somewhat a "normal" route but it does cut out Saw climb in favor of the flatter 153 / Main Street.  Again, for all of these, have any and all lights that you can run!  (By the way, I won't be on the rides from 10/20 - 10/27.)  My goal, though, for the 10/25 and 11/1 Tuesday Rides is to show folks what we'll be continuing through the winter on the Tuesday Nights.  I'm hoping that you'll like the route and can see just how much fun it can be to continue your training in the winter.  In the dark.  In the cold.  (O.k.  I don't guess I'm really selling this well!)

--We had a good tight group this past Saturday and we "previewed" a suggested route change.  It provided the safety aspect we were going for but also put us on roads that overlapped too much with Thursday's route.  As such, we are going to try some other options and get some opinions before we make it official.  We'll probably test that route on the 29th or 11/5 but don't hold me to that.

--Sunday's route continues to be fun and the temperatures were awesome yesterday.  Since we, again, had a small tight group, we called an audible and rode the "old Flowe" route.  Everyone was tired so we took it pretty easy.  Scenery was beautiful and it was a nice change.

--As a general rule, don't look for these "Audibles" to happen frequently as we want to ride the posted route.  However, if there's a small group and everyone is very close in fitness level, it may happen as long as everyone is in agreement.  As the group gets larger or the fitness level spreads out, we would definitely want to stick to the posted route as that's what folks would be expecting.

--SAMBO will go from 8:00 am start to 10:00 am start beginning with the 11/12 ride (time change).
--Tuesday ride will continue through the winter but will be a "night ride" requiring a full / bright headlight as of the 11/8 ride.  It'll still "start" at 6:00 with loops around the research center until about 6:30.  At that time, we'll ride over to Ridge and up to 152 and back.  We generally get at least 20 miles on Tuesday nights if not closer to 30.  If you are like me; it beats the trainer!
--Thursday Right Gear shop ride will discontinue until the time changes back in the spring.  Last "shop ride" for 2016 will be on 11/3.
--Flowe will continue to leave Flowe Park at 2:00 on Sunday.  For "extra miles" there's a group that will leave The Right Gear on Sundays between 1:20 and 1:25 (at the latest).  If you plan to meet at the Right Gear, we need to know in advance so we don't leave you!

As far as I know, that's all I have for an update at this time.  If you have any comments and suggestions, please let us know!

Thanks,
Sean Earnhardt
VP

Day

Date

Twilight

Miles

Route Description

Route Link

Tuesday

10/18

7:08

20

No Moriah, 153, Main

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/10008105

Thursday

10/20 and 10/27?

7:06

16.6

Neisler / Penninger (Regular Route so no dog intervals!)

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/10010329

Tuesday

10/25 and 11/1

7:00

16

Ridge (out and back) followed by Loops (Winter Ride Route!)

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/11487106

Thursday

10/27? and 11/3

6:58