[C4 Rides] Past Sunday's Flowe Option Thoughts?

Chris Ashworth cncguru at aol.com
Mon Oct 31 14:46:58 EDT 2016

I like yesterdays route as it definately gets us off Rocky River quicker.  I'll like it a whole lot better when I get my legs back again:)

I have ridden Rocky River all the way to Plaza Extension for years because that is where I live, but it has become increasingly dangerous as devlopments spring up each year and the traffic has increased.  So what was not too bad 2 years ago has now become dangerous enough to consider changes as its only going to get worse.  This was actually one of the reasons I connected with C4 club because we choose routes with some degree of safety of traffic patterns & volume.

I agree with what was mentioned yesterday that Hickory Ridge is a part of the ride we all enjoy.  It always seems that no matter how spent we are, Hickory Ridge tends to jack us all up to ride at a higher than normal pace to the light.

I personally like the Zion Church climb at the end as it really tends to reflect the condition we are in.  Sunday I was in "no condition" to even attempt it and my legs let me know just past the driveway halfway to the top.

Christopher Ashworth
Motion Control Integration Services
9611 Brookdale Drive St100 PMB320
Charlotte, NC  28215