[Terrytaylor] From Ness City to Larned

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 09:24:15 EDT 2016

This was one of my harder days. The leg from Rush Center US183 was 19 miles long. It was the toughest 19 I have ever done. Direct strong headwinds and several grades. I was in the small chainring on the front and the largest four on the back. The wind was so strong that if I stopped pedaling it was like putting on the brakes. I traveled at 4 to 6 miles an hour. I had to stop several times to rest.
I met Jordan at one of my rest stops. He came up and we visited a bit. He is from Ashville   He quit his job,rented his house and loaded his kayak and bike and went to Colorado for some kayaking. Then on to California to Santa Rosa. Friends took him to Point Reyes on the coast where he started his bike ride. When he gets to the east coast he will fly back to CA to get his car. He then wants to spend a winter season at a ski area hasn't decided where. We had about four miles of this leg then a left turn would take the wind off the frontal attack. I shared my water with him and we took off He got ahead no surprise there and stopped at a home to ask for more water. He filled my bottle also. We had about 12 miles to go to Larned. He leaves real early and I would like to but can't seem to get it all together in a timely fashion. Well I am about to get on the road.
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone