[Terrytaylor] In Missoula

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 11:48:48 EDT 2016

We found the warm showers place It is a mansion past it's prime but one can see what a beautiful place it once was
The owner Bruce doesn't live there but comes by once in a while Some musicians live there and musical instruments are scattered every where the doors are always open and it gets cool at night there were two female bike riders who had ridden from Portland through Glacier National park and were going back to Portland now  We that is Trevor, William and I got along with them and also Carl showed up going West He is from VA and going to start his third year at Med School
Trevor had called another WS and left a message He got a text back saying
she would be home and he should come over the door is not locked he called her and said he was set up where we were so she says well you want to do something tomorrow they agreed to go on a hike up some mountain having never met but the bicycle is a great common denominator people are instantly friends.
We all went to REI I bought an air up pillow as I was stuffing clothes in a bag for a pillow and waking up with a very stiff neck William spent over 200 dollars and he being from Scotland isn't a member so I had the cashier credit my account just made 20dollars
We all went bicycling around the city Missoula is a very nice city and very bi cycle friendly. Trevor was getting along fine with Allana the gal with the other warm showers host they went hiking and when
he returned to our place he said Allana would like us to all come over that evening and we will cook something We did and all went shopping on our bikes we had more fun fighting over what went on the cart back at her house everybody went to work unfortunately the kitchen was crowded so I waited for dinner in the living room It was such a fun time that night we had too much food so Ashley and Sasha were called and invited over for dinner also
They were glad to join us
Later that night we had fun ridding back everybody sharing front and rear lights so we were pretty much illuminated.

The next morning we all went to breakfast and after it was hugs all around asAshley and Sasha were going to make a loop through Idaho on there way back to Portland
Carl was going on West to finish his cross country then he is going to ride to Portland to see Ashley and Sasha.
I went back to our WS place and installed a new tire on the rear I had purchased at Adventure Cycling the day before
I had a 32 on the rear and 28mm on the front I put a 35mm on the rear and moved the 32 to the front I needed a little wider tires
Trevor and Allana rode in on their bikes they had ridden to Lolo and now Trevor was gathering his stuff and moving over to Allana's she probably has warmer showers
Allana had quit her job and was taking the summer off
She had just returned from
a four day raft trip when Trevor had called she is more of a mountain biker than a roadie but that makes sense here in Missoula
There is a new crowd at the WS tonight I miss the old crowd tho
The musicians are setting up their amps and stuff in the living room I sleep on the porch just off the living room and when I went to bed they asked me if I was bothered by their playing I assured them that it was fine I have ear plugs it really was good music and I put in my ear plugs and went to sleep. Today I am going over to Free Cycles Missoula a nonprofit community bike shop to clean my drivetrain and bicycle
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone