[Terrytaylor] On Teton Park roads

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 12:13:39 EDT 2016

Camped at Grant Village met the couple from Belguim (sp?) they are in their60s and he said in any country one can camp at a discount over sixty here one must be a resident and have a Golden Eagle Card for Federal campgrounds he said if you are over60 it shouldn't matter where you are from I paid $8 with my GE card and he paid $22 I couldn't help him tho
Next day on the way out of the  park on the south entrance road I past him he was alone a few miles later I caught up with her I told her that her husband was quitea ways back she said Oh then he is back on the road he had a flat tire. I wonder if it would be ok for him to ride on if the situation were reversed  anyway we got held back. by a long line of traffic waiting to leave the park they check to see if you have a park pass as you are leaving does that make sense? Her husband caught up to us as we waited and the pulled off in a picnic area
I went on to Moran no town just a post office and a school the road there has a sign dead end after those two buildings
The female running the PO was the most negative person I have met probably ever. I was expecting three packages and she had nothing for me I went out to my bike to look where I could have them forwarded I then asked her to forward the three packages to the Post Office in Landers and gave her the zip code she said she would not I slid this is aPO your job is to move mail and packages she said she did that once and got in trouble I told here she must forward my packages she got a card and told me to write what I was requesting in my handwriting I did and she said she was going to tape it to the package I reminded her that there were three packages well I will make copies of this
I will call Monday and try to clear it up
I continued as I had my highest pass to date ahead9658 feet now those of you that will be traveling in this part of Wyoming in the near future I will help you sound like a local
The mountain pass is

Togwotee Pass
I was in a gas/convience store and pronounced it
Tugwatee Pass
Well I was corrected in no uncertain terms that is pronounced
Togotee like Togo party and then tee
Now when you are here you won't be embarrassed as I was just little thing but I want to help. I stalled around not feeling ready for the climb. I stopped at every store( not that many on this road finally decided to get it done much to my surprise it wasn't as tough as some I already climbed just the elevation made it more difficult to get enough air so the heart had to work a little harder made the top at six forty about time the down hill was great and long I held it to 35 not feeling comfortable over that
Got to a private RV campground stayed there for the night
The sun has warmed me up this am so I can get busy taking down the tent and moving down the road
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone