[Terrytaylor] Bear country

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 12:37:16 EDT 2016

While in the last campground I met a lady in her late 60s probably
Her husband is 76 they are hiking the Continental Divide from Mexico border to the Canadian border they left April 30th
She told me they met a hiker who was run over by a Grisly Bear he told them he pushed through some bushes and on the trail the bear saw him and charged he had bear spray but couldn't get it in time he threw himself face down and the bear ran over him and kept running he got up and looked at his backpack it was muddy tracks where the bear had stepped on him
I just met the hiker here and he confirmed the event showed me his skinned nose where he hit the ground he left Mexico April 15 he is Europeon  and friendly I think I will stay on the road tho
Terry T

Sent from my iPhone