[Terrytaylor] Still in AK

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 16:30:21 EDT 2017

The 4th of July was the first nice sunny day since I have been here
I have been hiding in Brother Tom's camper now I can ride again I left yesterday heading from Wassilla toward Fairbanks. I learned today that I am not in charge of how far I go each day but rather it is decide by the location of campgrounds
 I started out and about 40 miles there was a campground I decided I would go to the next campground as I felt great and that was just to soon. Well there's a lesson to. Learned as I ended up going 80 miles to the next campground I don't want to hide and camp the undergrowth is very thick and am really worried about bears. I have been told that Alaska people say cyclists are called "Meals on wheels!" That's enough to make me concerned. So I pay twenty to be in with all the motorhomes and I read on the bulletin board that there is a wounded bear in the vicinity and to be aware. Ok I stayed aware right up until I fell asleep. It rained all night and I am waiting for the tent to dry so I can pack it I really don't like packing up a wet tent and having to set up that wet tent in evening.
My next campground is forty miles and the one after that would be over 100 miles so today I will go forty miles. Who says you can't teach old people?
I sent some pics and videos I don't know if they will make the trip but hope so. At the celebration they launched seven vehicles off the cliff toward the people down below the people loved it. Here in Ak the edge is taken off the fireworks when the set them off at 11 PM and sunset is after 11:30 PM
The thing that bothers me is how I am willing to procrastinate getting going knowing that it doesn't really matter as I don't have to worry about darkness coming on right now it is 21 hours of daylight and 3 hours of twilight. Well it's 12:30 I think my tent is ready to pack so I will sign off for now
I will send some more pics
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone