[Terrytaylor] Still Alaska

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 14:31:23 EDT 2017

Second page
I will send pictures too!
We went drift boat fishing for salmon. We drifted about four miles and didn't catch a salmon.
We went back to Seward and went on a six pack fishing boat Six  fishermen and the captain who is a friend of Tom and Tom has fished many years with Travis and before that with Travis's grandfather.
We went out of Seward about 70 miles to fish. The seas were rolling the boat and thought I might get sick but survived ok one of the others got sick and laid down the whole time.  We caught one halibut and some yellow eye and some black rockfish and Tom caught a forty +lb ling cod. He actually caught a small black rockfish and then  the cod grabbed the rockfish and got hooked by the second hook. While Travis was trying to net the fish the hoop of th net broke and Travis nearly fell overboard trying to wrap the cod with the broken net. He managed to bring him in tho. We were out there about fourteen hours and for some time after we were on land it still felt like I was on that boat and I  trying to keep my balance.
On the way back Travis had one of the guys steer the boat and he went to the back of the boat and was filleting fish. When we got back we all went to a nice restaurant that cooked up our fish that Travis had filleted. We had fried and baked fish ,salad, pasta.
It was a great feast!
Then we returned to the docks and at the public fish cleaning area Travis filleted the rest of our fish and we said our good byes to the others.
I will now send some pictures
TerryT
Sent from my iPhone