[Terrytaylor] On the way to Fairbanks

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 13:49:50 EDT 2017

Left Palmer and realized I made the same mistake I have done in the past. I realize there are two things to consider when loading the panniers for a tour, namely space and weight. I tend to go with do I have enough space instead of how heavy is it. So I started out and soon realized i got the formula backwards. I had so much weight in the front panniers that the wheel  wanted to flop left or right anything but straight ahead. I made it forty miles and stopped
At a campground set up my tent then it started to rain. It's next morning I called brother Tom to ask him if he could come and relieve me of some of this weight he agreed to come and get what I was willing to give up. I am waiting for the tent to dry some then will head north. While in Palmer I met a gal from New Zealand while we were doing laundry. She is a world traveler and delightful to visit with.
I have enclosed a picture of her card I think it explains her well.
There is a high dollar moterhome here and the saying on the back( If you're not traveling in style your
ERRORS will) what do you think?
There are many rabbits tame here in the campground and the owners ask that campers not catch them.  while doing this email I felt  something and looked down and one was eating grass between my legs I think they would be easy to catch I have space but they are too heavy.
Sent from my iPhone