[C4 Rides] C4 Weekday Rides Canceled Starting This Week / Winter Spin Sessions Start Next Week!

Shawn Fleming shawn.fleming at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 18 16:53:21 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

Well, it's been an incredible 1st year for the club, and all of the officers
sincerely hope that everyone has enjoyed the group rides - for
whatever aspect it may be that led to you joining us - for training, health,
social interaction, or whatever. We don't care what it was for...we're just glad
that the club has brought everyone together. Personally, I've met a lot of great
people that I wouldn't have met otherwise, and I'm grateful for that.

Unfortunately, daylight has betrayed us again, leaving us only the weekends for
organized, outdoor riding. Effective after today's family ride, all weekday
rides are canceled (Tues/Thurs rides). This week will be the last for the family
ride. We feel it will be getting too dark to ride safely in the evening. Weekend
rides will continue. Check the website for more info.

However, we will be starting up indoor, spin/trainer sessions on Tuesdays and
Thursdays at 6:15pm (till ~7:30pm) beginning next week, Tues 10/26. I'll be
leading them. Normally, the Tuesday sessions will be at the Cabarrus Creamery
(in the art studio space behind the Creamery, thx Hunter!) in Concord. The
Thursday sessions will be in the Activity Center at Kimball Lutheran Church (thx
John Glass!) in Kannapolis - Cannon Village. However, for the first week only,
both sessions (10/26 and 10/28) will be at the Creamery. The sessions are free.

We have the following goals in mind:

1) maintaining core fitness and muscle tone gained this year
2) building aerobic base for 1st half of winter (until Jan)
3) ramping up and increasing anaerobic threshold for the 2nd half of winter
(Jan-Mar)
4) carrying on our group ride "social" atmosphere
5) assist riders with proper pedaling techniques

Much like our group rides, these sessions will accommodate any level of rider,
so come out and join us.

You will need to bring your own bike, trainer (pls, no wind trainers - so we can
all carry on a conversation), and towel.

I hope to see all of you in the spin sessions. Don't lose the fitness you gained
this year!

If you have any questions, pls email me directly or post it on the Forum.

Thanks, and I'll see you next week!

Shawn Fleming
President, Central Carolina Cycling Club