[C4 Rides] AOMM Plans

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Thu May 22 01:02:31 EDT 2014

To those that were / are considering RIDING down...  Assuming we ride the same route that we took last month and go about the same speed, it would take, easily, an hour and a half based on my Strava from last time.  According to the web site, the start time will be 7:30 instead of 8:00.  To get there in time to sign up, fill water, etc., I would think we would need to leave TRG at or before 5:45.  Is that really feasible?

I might be able to go a hair faster than I did last time, but I'd rather not.  We were all pretty tired on the trip back.  Given that I would consider myself a good B rider (A- on a good day), I'll hitch a ride down if some solid A guys want to ride at a faster pace and still leave at 6:00.

Another option would be to change the route we had before.  I could see a few changes that may make the ride down quicker by taking more major roads.  At 6:00 / 6:30 traffic would probably not be an issue.

Here is our route from last month:  http://www.strava.com/activities/134460548  Notice that route actually didn't go TO the school so I estimated.

O.K. folks, the floor is open for discussion...

Sean E