[C4 Rides] MTB Twiligh / Night Ride on Thursday night at Rocky River Trail (And Sunday update)

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Wed Nov 2 11:59:38 EDT 2016

Hey guys,
	I'll bet some of you didn't even know that we have, support, and ARE a Mountain Bike Club also.  Personally, I don't brag about it and view it as only a slight step above the Damn Dirty Runners (to borrow a phrase from a nasty old coot.)  Anyway, at least 3 of us are going to be meeting at Rocky River (Steve's) off of Parks Lafferty road on THURSDAY night at 6:00.   There were only 2 people who rode the road ride from TRG last week so we are kind of assuming that we are done with Thursday road rides until the time changes back.

A few things:  It WILL be dark on the trail so have all of the front lights you can bring.  Secondly. Night rides are slower than day rides.  Third. I'm already REALLY slow so, if you have a MTB you can probably keep up (or be ahead) with me.

So, if you want to ride / plan on riding, let me know or just show up and be ready to go at 6:00pm on Thursday night at Rocky River trail.  If you have questions, let me know.

SUNDAY UPDATE:
Also, while I have your attention, I'll give you an update for Sunday's Flowe ride.  Last week, we tried a route change that allowed us to get off of the worst parts of Rocky River Road.  The response from those that rode was 100% in favor of the change.  The only problem was that it added 4+ miles, and lots of time, to the route.  With the time change, those of us riding in from the North couldn't make it back and there are also several folks who have church on Sunday nights.  So, to get the route back closer to the same distance and time, I'd like to cut out Belt Road and Brief Rd (I know this will just kill some folks!)  Anyway, if we stay straight on Ben Black rd, it turns into McManus Rd and ends at Ferguson Rd.  We'll make a right on Ferguson and will be back on track.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry and just "follow the leader" on Sunday.  Since Sunday will also be the first day of the time change, it will be getting dark earlier!  We'll ride this route a few times and then ask for feedback.  If we (as a group) don't like it, we'll leave it alone; we are just trying to make the changes that everyone in the group seem to be in favor of.

I have one other option that we may try the following week so that we can "A/B" the two routes and see which we like better.

If you have questions about any of this, let me know.

Thanks!
Sean E