[C4 Rides] Fwd: DuPont - Guion Farms / Sky Valley Rd lot

Atully Atully at carolina.rr.com
Fri Dec 8 11:11:24 EST 2017

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: scott bray <buch941 at msn.com> Date: 12/8/17  10:48 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: atully at carolina.rr.com Subject: Fwd: DuPont - Guion Farms / Sky Valley Rd lot

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: cmowery3 at aol.com

Date: Dec 7, 2017 11:11 PM

Subject: DuPont - Guion Farms / Sky Valley Rd lot

To: buch941 at msn.com

Cc: rcm381 at aol.com

Scott,

Below & attached (w/ Trail no & mileage) is the route we have planned.

It might be a little more than you wanted, but honestly, there are a lot of long downhills.  Rod & I talked how we might could shorten it, but couldn't really come up with anything significant that didn't take out a fun, signature DH.

We think it should move pretty quickly, once we get past the falls.  Call him tomorrow if you want to discuss.  (I'll probably share with Sean...  I think the C4 guys will be good with the distance.  Not sure what your SH guys will think?)

cathi

DuPont
Guion Farms / Sky Valley Rd lot

Flowy Downhills w/Waterfalls

Estimated mileage: 18-20

Estimated time: 2-2.5 hrs "ride time"

Out of the lot, R on Sky Valley Rd.  ~1.5 mile gravel climb.
L on Rocky Ridge Trail (thru open/parking area, behind gate, level at first, then swoopy ~1.3 mile downhill with tighter turns towards the end)
L on Old CCC Rd, crossing Sky Valley to Guion Trail, to R on Rifle Trail.  (moderate climbing)
L on Boundry, quick L on Hickory Mtn Rd, with quick R on White Pine, with another fairly quick R on Hooker Trail (fun downhill)
L on Ridgeline (very slight climb, to awesome signature 1.5 mile downhill)
R on Lake Imaging Rd, thru lot, R on paved Staton Rd, looking for short L on Holly Rd
Follow to the end in Hooker Falls lot.  Don't go over bridge, follow path to the right to Falls. It's steep down in spots. View Hooker Falls
Back to lot, over pedestrian bridge to Triple Falls Trail.  (steep!)  Cont straight onto High Falls trail to Buck Forest Rd
L on Buck Forest Rd, thru Covered Bridge, R on Conservation Rd
Climb to Airstrip, crossing over paved strip, to the L of Bldg, R at the split, thru the power line clearing to R entrance to Mine Mtn trail
Climb Mine Mtn, staying on Mine Mtn thru all intersections
R on Fawn Lake Rd, gravel DH past parking area, straight ahead to entrance to Reasonover Trail
Take Reasonover (DH) to creek crossing w/stepping stones, staying on Reasonover (climbing after creek) to intersection w/Turkey Knob trail
Turkey Knob undulates in spots until the sweet DH.

(Option to do Poplar trail loop - CW preferred so first left, dumps you out on Turkey Knob a little further up.). Cont on TK to the left when it turns to single track (DH is after Poplar loop)

R/blends into Briery Fork, to intersection w/ Joanna Rd.  (Typical re-group spot)
Cont straight on Grassy Creek Trail (another sweet DH)
Use stepping stones to cross the creek
R on Sandy, to L on Wintergreen Falls
R on Tarklin, thru field at the end, back to lot.

Several short options from the lot if more is desired.