[C4 Rides] New Years Day Ride Status

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Fri Dec 29 10:19:36 EST 2017

Hey folks,
	Just wanted to drop a quick note that we have not given up on New Year's Day rides.  Jan. 1st 2017 was on a Sunday and those among us that go to church couldn't ride until later in the day and that wasn't working for everyone.  We were looking at doing a nice long ride this year, being a Monday, but when we looked at the long range forecast, the temperatures were forecast to be cold.  Now that we are closer, it hasn't gotten any better.  Current temperature for Monday at 10am is 24 degrees with a HIGH for the day being 31 or 32 at 3pm.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I know you guys pretty well and the turnout for a ride in those temperatures would likely be in the single digits as well!

Having said that, if anyone IS planning to ride, let us know if you want company and we'll publicize it and see who shows up.

There is also talk of possibly doing a mountain bike ride that day but, honestly, it may even be too cold for that!

Anyway, just wanted you to know that we haven't stopped the tradition and hoping for more favorable conditions for 1/1/2019.

Thanks all!
Sean E

p.s.  please try to be present at the upcoming club meeting on January 9th:  We will have the C4 2018 Kick off Meeting on Tuesday January 9th tentatively at 7 PM at Sunshines Asian. NOTICE Sunshines has moved, down the road to 930 Floyd St Kannapolis NC 28083 which is right off of Ridge Avenue just past the bride over Centergrove Ave.