[C4 Rides] [C4members] Oramm pre-ride 7/8 or 9?

Cathi Mowery cmowery3 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:01:19 EDT 2017

Well, I'm a bad one to ask cause I'm not in love with these trails.  I've never raced ORAMM because I consider it a dirt roadie course.  Only 2 single track downhills, not worth all that in between road, gravel & dirt double track (Jared Creek).  I think those are 75% of it?  Star gap is tough, but most walk sections, same for Kitsuma switchbacks.

But Shawn did say he wants to climb old toll Rd.  That's a beast even for semi-experienced.  (Rocky, but flat rocks...  Creek bed).

So ok, may have a point.

It's been a few years for me which is why I'm interested to go again.

When the Divas ride DuPont, our newer road ladies are super strong, but just take it easier on the tecky sections.  (I know, DuPont is quite different, but for ORAMM trails, I feel like if you're comfortable with "exposure" (i.e. Riding "Ledge'y"), you can walk the harder parts & not hold the group up too much.  Esp cause you kill it on the cardio climbs...

Anyone else want to speak up & advise?