[Terrytaylor] To Rawlins third try

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:42:11 EDT 2016

The guy said no and  I was trespassing the other guy said get on that bike and get out of here
Nice people, now It is after 6 and over 30miles to Rawlins  so off I went the next nine miles the shoulder where I must ride was the worst I have ridden on. The rumble strip was well outside the fog line. The area left was crAcked badly with linear cracks that had been filled with tar. The tar was lower than the shoulder and if the front wheel got in the crack the tar squirmed like jello and if I didn't turn out of it I could lose control   The speed limit is 70mph  although drivers use that as a minimum the headwind was strong I was able to do eight mph I had some long climbs over 7000 feet mostly I was traveling 6/7 thousand feet I thought when the sun went down the wind would too wrong the wind seemed to blow harder and with the sun gone the wind got colder I stopped and put my little light on front and blinks taillight
Now it's really getting cold the trucks passing me would blow my shirt up my back the cars coming at me  frequently hit the hi beams to better see me.  That of course made it difficult for me to see
I was able to see the fog line and I would try to place myself the right distance to the right. As I got closer to Rawlins I couldn't read the highway signs my little light didn't shine high enough I did find the 287 bypass and stopped at a Cum n go station/ C store I went in to  get some hot chocolate I was shaking from the cold I asked about campgrounds and was told the two are across town so I went to a motel I didn't get into my room till 11:40 I would not want to put up a tent at that hour in the cold. First thing I did was turn the heater on
I fell into bed a shower can wait till morning
I felt good about what I had accomplished.
Terry T

.

USent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone