[Terrytaylor] Haswell to Sheridan Lake

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:33:06 EDT 2016

The store was open when I was ready to leave. I got something to eat and drink
and got on my way. The wind had not come up so I pushed it to Eads twenty miles. I averaged 15.3 for the first twenty miles. I averaged 4.7 for the next 34 miles. WIND is a four letter word. I sometimes struggled to hold 6miles an hour. I have discovered that riding on the white line has benifits. On roads that have been chip sealed the white line is smother it fills in the rough surface.
It also makes me a better straight line rider by trying to ride on the white line. I got to Sheridan pop 88 after the PO closed so I will look for a package in the AM.
There is a church here that welcomes bicyclists to spend the night inside. It is very hot and windy I am glad they offer this service
I heated my can of Progressive Soup on the stove warm for a change
This church is small but somebody wanted a large kitchen. There are two refrigerators, two stoves,three sinks counting the one on the large center island, two dishwashers and an ice maker. Very clean also.
It was 99 degrees as I pushed into the wind I was
dehydrated I believe because after I got in the church I just sat for a long time I had zero energy. I finally got some ice and water and had three water bottles of it. Well I am going to go to my sleeping bag now. Good night
Terry T

Sent from my iPhone