[Terrytaylor] Newton toRosalia KS

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 21:22:58 EDT 2016

Well it rained hard last night and this morning. I forgot to mention it rained on my ride to Newton yesterday for a couple of hours with lightening and thunder. James of the Newton Bike Shop got my cadence on my Garmin working I really enjoyed it today I forgot how much I look at it. I didn't leave Newtontill 11:30 rain stopped but Heather said it was supposed to rain this afternoon. I made it to Rosalia and now in the downstairs of the church there. James told me where the key was hidden so I let myself in. Heated supper in the microwave.
I went through Casoday it claims to be the prairie chicken Capitol of the world. Sadly the prairie chicken is going extinct.
The ranchers burn the prairie grasses in the spring thousands of acres.
The result is very fine new growth grass that the cattle love and fatten quickly.
The down side is many critters are damaged the nesting ground birds like the prairie chicken are driven off their nests of eggs. Thus part of the reason for the decline
This will not be on the test.
I passed wild horses that are grazing on thousands of acres. I am told that the Federal Gov. rounds up these wild horses in state like Nevada and brings them to this ranch and pays the rancher to graze them on his land. Have picture of some near the fence.
Tomorrow I want to make it toBenedict KS long ride I need to get on the road but supposed to rain tonight. Bye
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone