[Terrytaylor] Rosalia to Benedict

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 22:45:10 EDT 2016

I am amazed at how much climbing there is everybody knows Kansas is flat! It was a long ( for me) ride but finally made it to Benedict. I called the contact listed on the map and Pastor John told me how to get to his house. This is a poor town. The church dosen't have indoor plumbing never has and it dates back to hiding Slaves and moving them on to freedom times. I stayed at his house and we had supper and breakfast. He is a  Jew and  a very outspoken Christian and is preaching salvation all the time I was very tired but we stayed up late while he educated me on the bible and manuscripts and what the bible is really teaching.
I left after breakfast and made it to Chanute KS
I really needed a shower and do laundry I didn't think I smelled that bad until I saw that cattle near the fence would run away when I came up. I got a motel and fell asleep before I even took a bath. I got up got my shower did my laundry and am promising to get on the road early. It has been unusually rainy I am told So I guess I will be ready for it tomorrow am. I don't have the new waterproof panniers mine date back to the 1990s but I do have rain covers to put on them just need to do it before they get too wet.
I am off for bed, good night !
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone