[Terrytaylor] Riding in the Bitterroots

terry taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 11:10:12 EDT 2016

Stayed in a USFS campground and read the sign about GrislyBear sp?
And black bears to hang food off the ground there was only one other camper
it was a van conversion so I hoped I could put my food energy bars and
crackers I knocked on the door and a male voice yells what do you want I
asked if I could put my food in his van for the night he said to go away he
was trying to sleep I said thank you and went back to my campsite oh it was
5:15 I didn't think that was to late to knock
I ended up throwing my thin clothes line over a branch after climbing up on
the picknick table
Left there and was in the stretch where there are no services for 66 miles
I was already a little ways into it
It was beautiful along the river lots of rapids and very fast water I saw a
Rapids ahead and found a place to pull off to take a picture I couldn't get
a good picture because of the trees so I proceeded
to climb down the bank and slipped and slid down to the rocks I managed to
get some scrapes and scratches places other than elbows and knees I was
lying  amongst the big rocks and couldn't find a hold to pull myself up
after getting up I surveyed my surroundings and didn't see a way up I
walked up stream a ways and started climbing up I could get my head even
with the pavement but then it was to steep I crabbed sideways until the
chances were better there was a highway sign and I could reach the post I
could pull myself up I grabbed bunches of weeds and  pulled my self up
until I could lunge for the sign I got a hold of it and pulled my self up
and back to the road no more side trips to take a picture

Sent from my iPhone