[Terrytaylor] Bike ride

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:46:56 EDT 2016

Stayed in Alder along with Tom and Pam the New York couple on the tandem
It is very cold in the AM but warms up soon after the sun comes up we are always above 5,000 feet and the air is very clear here in Montana. The sun is brutal I have never been so burned I don't use sun screen but I do now my lips are burned and cracked my nose is burned also as are my arms but I am having fun
We left Alder and went to Nevada City and then to Virginia City it was only 8 miles but we were already looking for shade and not looking for the pass over 7,000 feet just east of town not a cloud in the sky
Both towns are tourist traps being authentic restored old mining towns we decided to hideout in Virginia City till 4pm them the sun would be on our backside as we climb the pass we roamed all over the little town with all the tourists and left at 4 it was a tough climb and we stopped a few times not always together  we cold sees large fire in the mountains and airplanes working to put it out after making the top it was a fast downhill to Ennis a nice small town pop 828
We talked about going on to Cameron only 11 miles away but decided to stay here for the night we are camped free behind a small brewery tha opens its nice grassy back yard to cyclists the gal inside said there is at least one cyclist every night. It's called Willie's Distillery.
Time to take down my tent and get going
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone