[Terrytaylor] To days ride

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:37:05 EDT 2016

Stayed in Bates State Park
Last.night pit toilets and water available by disconnecting the sprinkler hose and using the faucet it was 90 degrees day and45 at night so good sleeping weather Brent went on ahead and we climbed two passes today after Tipton it was Sumpter pass a little over 5000feet we are staying in Sumpter tonight 3 miles off course but nothing else available Tomorrow we will go to Baker City and I hope may shoes are at the Post Office I met two women from Washington State  they are going to the east coast and have a Sag Wagon to carry their stuff Then I met Kevin and his wifeHumena Kevin just retired from UC Irvine and this is their retirement cruise also going to the east coast Kevin wanted
His picture taken with me because he had seen the video nephew Peter had made of me I was quite honored of course
Not a lot of miles today but a lot of up miles. I learned something today regarding breathing and heart rate now I may have heard it before but when I experience it myself I can own it. When my heart rate starts climbing as when climbing a mountain the breathing becomes rapid well if I take over the breathing and instead of allowing the natural fast ragged breathing I inhale to fully fill my lungs then fully exhale and breathe that way my heart rate drops 4 beats I still stop and rest when my beat gets heading close to to 130 Beats don't want to test my stents or heart
Still have to set up my tent and try to find something
To eat  so will close for now
Also take shower we don't always have that luxury
Thanks for getting this far
Terryt

Sent from my iPhone