[Terrytaylor] Hartville to Summersville MO

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 14:41:08 EDT 2016

I untented from the courthouse lawn and proceeded East looking for hills, surprise there they were, lined up one after the other. I traveled through  Graff,Bendavis,Fairview,Bucyrus, and Houston 2084 pop and it had a McDonalds imagine that!Well I fess up to having spent a little time there it was quite hot and it is important to stay cool!
It  was early enough that I thought I should go on toSummersville 23 miles and a hill or two but who's counting?
I was a couple of miles out of town going down a nice hill when a man waiting to cross the road to his mail box yelled something to me, I just waved as I went by. A long climb later there he was in a street turning off the highway. I pulled over to him and he said that he and his wife take in cyclists. He offered a king size bed, a great shower, a fine dinner,laundry and of course I thanked him very much but I still had twenty miles to do before dark.
I saw his name tag said Murray so I asked Mr Murray why he wears a name tag. He told me he was the CEO of the hospital in Houston. We talked for a bit, very nice gentleman. I told him I had done this ride in 1976. He again offered his home and I said I could have used you in 76 where were you? He said he was still in high school. We both laughed , shook hands and said goodby.
Now I am sitting in a laundromat in Summersville am I smart or what?
I rode 63.6 miles and climbed 3557 feet.
Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone