[Terrytaylor] Farmington Mo to Chester IL

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 21:18:38 EDT 2016

Started out with wonderful roads rolling hills nice downhills then after 20 miles the hills came back. I was supposed that there were still some steep ones  I had one long hill that was holding 8% then went to ten and finally went to 12% I thought I had come out of that steep stuff. Crossed the Mississippi  and  immediately had a long climb of 10%. Hey this is Illionois no more MO type hills OK?
I am staying in the Eagles bike hostel along with Brad who is going West. I met two riders going West this morning stopped and visited with them a while. They were Europeon but I didn't ask what country.
 Yesterday I met Tanner again. I rode with him in Colorado and met him again two days ago we thought that was great then I met him again yesterday he and his two friends were on a five day bike tour.
Well I am glad to be out of MO and hoping for less  and lower hills. I know I shouldn't complain about the hills but remember I complained about the winds in Kansas. I really love being out here doing what I am doing so my complaints are just so much self pity. Not intended to be taken to seriously.
At the end of the day I feel a great sense of accomplishment because of the challenges of the day.
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone