[Terrytaylor] Eddyville to Marion Ky

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:35:18 EDT 2016

Got a good start and was making forward progress when hills arrived. It also got very hot and humid. I believe I was close to 3000 feet of up with several climbs in the ten percent area and one that was 15 percent! That's my first and I hope last.
I crossed the Ohio River on the ferry to get to Kentucky. The deck hand on the ferry gave me a bottle of water much welcome. He warned me of the hills coming up I notice that everyone seems to delight to tell me of hills and in Kentucky they also warn of lots of dogs.
Tonight I am at the Methodist Church they welcome cyclists. Surprise I am the only one there.
I am about a mile away doing you guest it laundry and it is pouring rain and I stripped my bike of its panniers to get it up the stairs so my rain gear will stay nice and dry in the church. I will have a different experience.
TerryT
Sent from my iPhone