[Terrytaylor] Booneville to Hazard KY

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 21:12:48 EDT 2016

After the fog lifted I left for Hazard I remember being in Hazard the first time and Lani fell crossing some RR tracks didn't get a good angle of attack with the tracks. She was so mad and I hurried over to help her up. So it can be a real Hazard.
The hills here are not always real steep but tend to go on and on. The down hills are difficult to enjoy as there is typically a sign one lane ahead or shoulder drops off which often  includes half the
Pavement. Some interesting things I have seen Grey Hawk Church
of God  Elk Lick Baptist Church. I thought I was doomed today it happened between The Kriptonite Holiness Church and The Hickory Pentacostal Church.
The climb was the steepest so far. It was 9% for a while then went to 10 then 11-12-13-14 and finally 15%. It hovered between 14 and 15 the rest of the way up the hill.
That was very hard work and my heart rate was higher than I like it to get.
The Hickory Pentacostal Church was near the top and I was glad to see it!
Stats
51.7 miles
4.7 average mph
4524up!
I enjoy stopping at little country stores and visiting with my generation who will be willing to visit with me. I believe they are less defensive with me because I am on a bike and no threat. Today I learned from one guy that the Ohio River separates the good guys(KYfolks) from the no good people. I said you mean Illionois and he said yes and Indiana and especially Ohio too!
Well I am almost certain there are one or to good people in those three states but his. buddies all agreed with him and I just wanted to visit so I let it slide. I will say they have come a long way as I was informed forty years ago that the people I n the next county were questionable and the people in the county on the other side of the bordering county
were absolutely worthless
Well now we have pushed it all the way to the Ohio River before there are bad people. In forty years I think we can call that progress!
TerryT
Sent from my iPhone