[Terrytaylor] Rosedale to Damascus VA

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 17:54:09 EDT 2016

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG_2156.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 784669 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

This sign was after the climb the sign I had before the climb said no vehicles more than 30 feet.  It was very twisty and the road surface was very difficult to ride on.
I rested twice as I was feeling not recovered from the rain ride of yesterday. I am going to take a rest day I need to recover yesterday I could barely make it this 30+ miles. I am in Damascus VA those of you who ever done the Creeper Trail probably know where that is.
I have no phone service here and I think ATT only services large Metropolitan areas. I had no service in Grundy either.
Sign in a cafe in large letters
I DO  Not Repeat Gossip
so listen carefully
I have become a judge of dollar stores. The Dollar General stores throughout the country from when I first came upon them are the most messed up stores I have ever seen.
The lone exception is the one in Damascus. The Family Dollar stores are the best kept stores.
I try to figure things out. It occurs to me that this must be acceptable at upper management as it is  so wide spread. Usually there are hiring signs in the Windows   Saw one said Nowhiring home evenings cashiers.
I am at Crazy Larry's Hostel. I will ride about 11 miles on the creeper trail  tommorrow  it is an alternate on the Trans am it will allow me to skip a couple hills. It is an old railroad bed so the climb will be what a train could do. This town must have six companies that rent bicycles and provide shuttle service. The Trail is important to the economy of the little towns that it passes through.
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone