[Terrytaylor] From Lexington to somewhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:53:57 EDT 2016

I got a bit of a late start and Paul carried my Panniers up the steep climb to the Parkway.
It is a difficult climb and I was glad I didn't have to carry my panniers. Finally made it to the Parkway and headed north there was plenty of up and down
and it was getting on in the afternoon. I pushed as I wanted to get as much of the parkway done as o could even finish if I could. It started to get dark and foggy. I went as far as I could as it got quite foggy and dark and the downhills were fast and cold but it was fun as there are no trucks allowed and very little traffic.
Paul would come by occasionally and ask if I wanted to stop for the night. Finally faced with another climb really foggy I stopped for the night. Paul came and we loaded the bike in his PU and decided to split the cost of a motel in Waynesboro. Next day we waited some as it was very foggy on the Parkway. I finally got started after 12 o'clock and it was still very foggy I put on my lights and started out.
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone