[C4 Rides] UNC Exercise and Libido Study - For Male Athletes

Earnhardt, Sean SeanEarnhardt at EuropaSports.com
Mon Dec 9 12:13:27 EST 2013

The following was received to the club officers.  I went through and took the survey in under 5 minutes and there's nothing at all personal about it; it's completely anonymous.  If you'd like to participate and give this study some data, please do.  Also, since it appears as though they are open to any male athletes, not just our club and not just cycling, feel free to forward it on to others that you may know as well.

Thanks,
Sean Earnhardt

From: Colin O'leary [mailto:coleary at live.unc.edu]
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 10:03 PM
To: info at centralcarolinacycling.com
Cc: president at centralcarolinacycling.com; secretary at centralcarolinacycling.com; webmaster at centralcarolinacycling.com
Subject: UNC Exercise and Libido Study

Dear Central Carolina Cycling Club,

My name is Colin O'Leary and I am Master's student in the Exercise and Sport Science department at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Together, with my academic advisor, Dr. Anthony Hackney, I am launching a study that is examining the effects of exercise training on sexual libido in adult males. To assess whether a full research study is needed to answer this question, I am doing a preliminary questionnaire that will ask questions about training history and sexual libido that has been approved by the UNC institutional review board (IRB). I was wondering if you would post a link to the survey somewhere on your webpage to help recruit subjects for the study? Also, if you have an email list-serve, I'd appreciate if I (or if you) could send out the link to the questionnaire through the list-serve as well. I've put both the link and the website recruitment below if you'd just let to copy and paste. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Colin O'Leary

Follow the below link to take an online survey about the effects of physical exercise and training load on sexual libido in adult males conduct through the UNC Exercise and Sport Science department. The survey should only take 5-10 minutes to complete. Please only do so if you are a male between the ages of 18-80 that regularly participates in endurance activities, such as running, walking, biking, or swimming. Thank you!

https://uncdentistry.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eWESbBdaONSuUPb

Colin O'Leary
Exercise Physiology Masters Student
Department of Exercise and Sport Science
UNC - Chapel Hill