[Terrytaylor] Hot sulphur Springs to Lake Dillon

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:33:12 EDT 2016

Left the Springs and rode to Kremmling at the post office I called the EncampmentPO to see if they captured my run away package She said she got it today and would forward it to Kremmling. I said I am now at that PO I then asked her to forward it to Canon City Co. She agreed to that. I hope it is there when I get there. I proceeded and met a couple going west. They came across the road and we had a nice chat she's also from NC. She said your Terry arn't you? She said they met Brent in Kansas and he showed them my picture and watch for me. They said he gets up at 3:30am that's 18 yrs old working for you. We were a mismatch and I am glad it's working outfor him.
I got to Silverthorne and turned off my Garmin then found out I wasn't done no camping but up at Dillon Reservoir there was. Very steep climbing on road and great bike path which then runs along the water side of the dam below the level of the road I took it to a campground on the lake. It started to rain again it had rained twice on the way. I paid half price as I have that old people card Golden Eagle Pass it is handy to have. The rain stopped and I got my tent set up Rode sixty miles with a bit of climbing thrown in   Felt good as I crawled in the ( wet) tent. Now morning and I realize just because at sleeping bag says rated at 20 degrees that has nothing to do with reality. It was 38 degrees last night as it was in walden the other night. There must be some rule that above 9000 feet the night temp will be 38 degrees in August anyway I was cold  all night. Well I think the tent is dry enough to take down so I can be on my way.
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone