[Terrytaylor] Canon City to outskirts of Pueblo

Terry Taylor terryptaylor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 20:44:08 EDT 2016

I stopped at the GoodWill store on my way out of town I bought a referee vertical black and white stripes I like it 3.oo it was worth it   The shirt feels cool and is highly visible.
I was surprised by the amount of climbing 2030 feet of up. I started at 5300 feet went to 6100+ feet and ended up at 4800 feet. I went to the campground at Lake Pueblo State park I was looking at the map at the board and it said all electri sites the ranger lady came and I said I just want tent site. She said those are at the campground on the other side of the lake over five miles away. I went out on the marina dock to get a coke then started for the campground. It was some 8% hills I really didn't need at that late hour. I set up my tent and got to bed. Next morning as I was taking down my tent the ranger helper came and asked for my permit to go on the post. I had it in my
Handlebar bag. She liked my tent and asked how much does it weigh.
She is young and is one of those who want to climb all the mountains over
14000 feet. There are many in CO and called the 14s. She said she sleeps in a hammock but always fears a bear is going to think she is a bear taco and come and bite her. She mentioned she was going to climb one tomorrow. I said I have something for you. I got out my container of bear spray and gave it to her. They are expensive but it was given to me  by a cyclist in Missoula who had just completed the great divide from Mexico to Canada he was flying home and could not take it on the plane. So I past it on. I thought of keeping for defense but it is dangerous to humans and causes permanent eye damage. I will continue tomorrow if I can get my phone charged nothing available here tonight.
TerryT

Sent from my iPhone